Sunday, February 6, 2022

One Down, At Least Four To Go!

Pattern: Purl Brioche Hat - Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Vanilla Swirl - Needle: US 8
   I know it's not a relay race, but that's how I picture this going.  I picture all of us on the sidelines cheering as MKmaineknitter is knitting/crocheting as fast as her hands will go, throwing hats into a basket next to her.  Once her third hat is in the basket she would then leap from the chair and we would pass her some sports drink and a cookie while Hollive then sits down to work on her two hats.
  I also almost had tragedy strike, so I hope it isn't setting a tone for the challenge.  I finished binding off and saw I had a strange loop.  I thought it had something to do with the way I did the bind off until I looked at the other side of the work and saw a live stitch poking up at me.  I didn't feel like undoing the entire bind off so I used the tail to secure the loop.  If you look really closely you can see where it looks a bit odd, but otherwise it looks fine.  I tied a quick knot, so it shouldn't come undone either.  I've tugged on it a few times and it seems pretty secure.

  I want to get the pattern published before I finish the hat so I can link to it when I post about it in the Hatathon thread.  I feel so silly for the pattern not being done sooner.  I finished at least one hat in each of the main sizes, weighted them, and then donated most of them back in April 2021.  I made note on the pattern of how much yarn I used on the sock weight, the worsted weight, and the bulky weight.  I completely skipped over the dk weight somehow.  I'm glad I noticed that it didn't have numbers in the materials section for that weight before I published it and someone who purchased it had to point that out.
  The purple hat from the previous post was made to get those numbers, which is why I wanted to get it done as soon as I could.  I have weighed it and have the numbers that I need, I just need to update the PDF and to make the pattern page on Ravelry.  I'm also considering putting the pattern on Etsy as well, but I don't have to worry about as many fees with Ravelry.

  I couldn't miss the special Meatloaf show!  I took a ton of pictures and will be getting them to someone on leadership who can decide if any are good enough to share at some point.  Some of the people who hadn't done any of the guest shows or the December show were really rusty, but we got through.  It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't know I was supposed to be there to do props.  Oopsies.  Maybe I should check my e-mail more, but I also haven't officially joined cast.... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment