Monday, June 12, 2017

I Wish I Remembered What The Commercial Was For...

  During one of our down night's in Scotland I saw a really funny commercial.  It starts with the guy looking at a clock doing the usual "If I fall asleep right now, I will get 5 hours of sleep."  It then cuts to him in his brain like a control center asking for the statistics.  Someone hands him a sheet of paper and tells him that if he falls asleep right now he will get 4.5 hours of sleep.  He says "Let's Do It" and someone says "Bring on the sheep."  Someone shoves a sheep into a spotlight, everyone in the command center turn to it and they all say "One!" together.

   I wanted to take a picture of the wraps before I took them out.  I thought that part looked odd when I was looking at the picture of the finished shawl on the pattern, but it wasn't a big deal.  I don't know if I just wrapped mine too loosely or what, but I really don't like the way it looked.

  I definitely like how this looks better.  I really like how the second set of slipped stitches seem to come out from no where.  I know there are probably a lot of people out there who would like to make it have some sort of transition and the wrapped stitches will definitely give you that.

  I was starting to get nervous about how much green was left.  I was hoping to get to the last row needing it with only a small tail left.  If that was not possible I was hoping to get at least 2 or 3 rows with only the tan being slipped with a small tail left over.
  I got none of these things.  I got one row without the green being slipped and had enough green to get about 3/4 of a row done.  So now it is bouncing around on the back in a butterfly bundle until I get annoyed and cut it off.
  Something else I would change would be how the diamond shape is done.  I would have slipped the stitch before my slipped one on the right side of the marker and the one after on the left side for one row before my first twists during the last purl row.  I then would have followed the pattern until I got to the top of the diamonds.  I also did only a twist to the right or left at joining point of the diamonds.  I might have followed the pattern if I hadn't started them early, but I was worried that I was going to decrease too many or too early.
  I also decided to do it sooner since I ran out of green early.  I'm doing it 9 times instead of the 6 I would be doing it if I had waited.  I like the fact that it isn't hard to do something like that if it is needed.  I also would only slip the stitch that would go on the back of the last twist of a diamond during the twist stage, but not past it.
  I might also do the sizing of the diamonds a bit differently.  I think it would be fun to do the first level of diamonds with one more step outward, the second as written, and the last one with only one step out and in.  Then continue with straight lines.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment