Thursday, April 6, 2017

I got it!

  I was really nervous about when I got to the part where I knew I was going to start decreasing.  I had never done it before and I was treating each row differently than I was in the beginning.  I was stopping each color two stitches before it reached the new one.  I found it was easier to keep the tension more even.  I knew I would have to do it while alone so I could concentrate.

  Here is what it looked like right before I started decreasing.  I mostly took this picture so I could put it off for another minute or two.  I hadn't needed to be worried, because it all turned out great in the end.  I did a 8 stitch decrease, so the top might be a bit more pulled in than I had originally planned, but that is okay.  I think I even have enough yarn to do another one.  So I will be casting that on later.

  This is fun to see.  I know they just put random things on these and you just randomly get them, but I feel this one really does apply to me.  Like how I like knitting and it isn't a big deal to me to make something, but when someone who needs it gets it, they get a lot of joy out of it.  At least, I hope they do.

  Hopefully I will be able to show pictures soon of the finished shrug and hat.  The hat is soaking now, but I know it won't take long to dry.  The shrug is dry, but it has been raining like crazy in my area, so that isn't the best for pictures.  It says rain tomorrow too, but I'm hoping to get some moments of sun and no more tornado warnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment