Bill cut down the ceiling and then had me take video as he ran the water. Though I don't think he necessarily had fun cutting it down, I don't think he hated it.
We had Tank take a look at it. He wasn't sure how to fix it, so we will have to check more sources.
However, today was different for me. I had a whole list of things that I wanted to try and get done and I was hoping I could before I was supposed to meet up with someone. The first thing on my list was to get some certified mail that Bill missed signing for. It was really funny because when I handed the lady the slip she said "Who's handwriting is this?" and then tsked at it. I heard some yelling from the back and then she brought it out. Turns out our carrier didn't put it with the other envelopes.
I then headed to the auto-supply shop to get new wipers. Mine were worn out last year when I got my car checked and I promised the guy I would get new blades. I kept forgetting and since it has been a year, I needed to get my car looked at again. The guy at the store looked them up for me and we got me some new blades. I had to get two brands because they didn't have two of the same kind. I was worried it was going to be hard to fix, but they were super easy to change. You push on a little button and the old blade slides off. The first blade just had an adapter that I had to pop off before it fit. The second one had an adapter on it that I had to take off and then put the one that worked for me on. Also pretty easy. I felt super accomplished.
I had downloaded some Netflix movies onto my phone so I would have something to do while I waited my turn to get my car inspected. I drove up and I was first in line!! So I only had time to take that picture and then the guy was walking over to take my car to the bay.
I had finished everything I was hoping to get done before 2pm before 11:30am!! This meant that I had time to get some other stuff done.
We have been without a working air filter for a while now. The one that was in there had fallen over. Today I decided to try and slide it out of the way and put a new one in. That didn't work because there wasn't enough room. I then got a flashlight and some tongs and dragged it out. It took a lot of pulling, but I win the battle. You can see it is properly gross. New one is in (hopefully in the correct direction) and hopefully we will have nicer air in the house.
Look who is done and dry and getting some screen time! My shrug is finally done! It is in the bag to take to knitting on Sat to get donated.
Since I was doing the tension trick I was worried that the top was going to get messed up. I was worried that there was going to be mostly one color and only one stitch of the other colors. Seems I was being silly because it turned out perfectly.
I thought that this was going to happen on the first hat, but you can see where I ran out of the blue yarn. That one kept getting over spun as I worked with it, so I wasn't too bummed. I was also planning for it, so I liked that it did happen. You can also see that is is possible to pull the new color a bit too tightly as you go if you don't pay enough attention.
I was thinking that I was going to have enough yarn to make one hat. Well, I made two hats and even had some left over. I made these from a crochet bow pattern I found on Pinterest. I think I will give these to Carola to add to monsters.
On Sat we had someone new join us. She usually works at Nature's Yarn on Saturdays, but they didn't need her that day so she decided to come to Wegmans and have lunch and knit. She didn't even know we were going to be there! She was making those crochet octopus critters for Cancer Kickin' Critters. She knows the people who run it and everything.