Thursday, October 15, 2015

It looks like it is smoldering.

  As anyone who has been here knows, I'm not the best at finishing things.  I have the sample from work to finish the 10 stitch blanket side, but I still don't know if I have enough to add a dark pink border.

  You can see that my mom has started one too.  The funny thing about this is that the person who bought this yarn had meant to make it into a blanket.  The same person had tried a few times to make a 10 stitch blanket but had gotten stuck on it.  Though she was not using the yarn my mom has, I still find it amusing that my mom is using her yarn to make a blanket she got annoyed with.
  Maybe this means that we are having our own mini-pre-knit-a-long knit-a-long?  I have no idea, but I think her blanket will be really cute.

  I took two similar pictures to try and show how cool this yarn is looking right now.  The brown was covering all the red/orange/yellow before.  I like how it looks like it is smoldering on the inside and then has the burned and blackened outer edges with a light layer of ash.

  I also have to plan my con knitting.  I'm working on a costume for Anime USA, but that doesn't cover having something during down times.  Some people might thing there wouldn't be any, but there can be some long lines at times.  There are also times where you are ready to go, but are waiting on other people to get ready.  I'm thinking of bringing a cute little shrug that I am test knitting.  Well, I will be test knitting.  I signed up for it but the yarn is still at my mom's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment