Sunday, October 18, 2015

I love yarn (yester)day!

  Okay, so I love yarn everyday, but yesterday was the official I Love Yarn Day.  I know Nature's Yarn was doing something for it.  I did not go this year though.  I have been busy sewing a costume for an anime convention at the end of the month.  Normally I would have some idea of how long I need to finish it, but since I'm winging a lot of it, I'm not sure.

   I did not go the whole day without celebrating though.  I don't remember if I linked this before, but it was a sample I made for work for a one hour Try Me class.  You pretty much just wind a bunch of super chunky yarn around some cardboard, then tie smaller pieces to help it keep it's shape.
  I was not surprised when no one signed up for the class.  Since that was back in May and it was the same color as the pink from my blanket, I though it could use another life.  Now I just have to decide if I want to add the dark pink as a border or not.  I think I will since I don't have enough of that dark pink to make another 10 Stitch Blanket, and I'm not sure what I want to use it for.  It would also mean that my mom and I would be working on the same pattern at the same time.
  Now back to work on that costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment