Friday, September 26, 2014

Hurray for quick projects!

While I still love working on the shawl I designed, it is still a shawl.  I even saved the charts in a printer friendly version if I try and sell the pattern online.
If I had more time to knit and didn't have to do anything else, I would be a lot farther.  So instead of showing a picture of a very small shawl, I wanted to show you something done.  It also helped me since I was able to get this done very quickly.  There is nothing like those small projects when you feel like something else is dragging on.

The ball band gives you a pattern, but I didn't like the look of the finished product on the front.  My friend and I were wondering if not many of these yarn skeins sold because of that reason.

 Here it is on.  It really is nice and cushy.  I like how the Möbius style lets is lay flat.  My friend did some arm knitting with hers and she was able to make a full scarf out of it.
This is how I made it:
I cast on 5 sts and did seed stitch until I was almost out of yarn. I bound off, twisted one end once and sewed them together with the tail.

This is a Paula Red apple.  I thought it just looked so pretty I had to get some.  I did not like them.  I like my apples to be very crisp.  The crisper the better.  If I had checked online I would have learned that "it has a firm white flesh that becomes soft and mealy extremely quickly as its season declines."  Oopsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment