Monday, July 28, 2014

A Sea of Scarves!

The following is a small sea of scarves.  None of the scarves/one blanket were made by me.  My mom was helping out at the VFW yard sale and these were left over after the sale was done with.  None of the items have tags on them and we are guessing that they are handmade.


One drop stitch scarf with fringe and a zig-zag blanket

One broken 1x1 rib scarf, one faux brioche scarf, and one crochet scarf
The scarf on the very left was made by doing a k1,p1 rib for a few rows, then switching the knits and the purls for a few rows.

A very pretty hairpin lace scarf/rectangle shawl

I really liked how the faux brioche scarf looked.  There might be a better name for this stitch pattern, but I don't know what it is if there is one.  I also think I have the pattern figured out.  It looks to me like the stitch count would be any number divisible by 4+1.  Then the stitch pattern would be *k3, p* across, k1.

Since I shared that nice bit of info with you I feel like I have a good excuse to show off the doll sweaters I finished.

Though they are two different sweaters they followed the same pattern.  I had no idea how fiddly and difficult they would feel.  There is nothing hard about them, really, but it doesn't feel that way when you are working on them.  In fact, it took me almost 45 minutes to sew one sleeve on and then sew the sleeve seam together.  I don't feel like something this small should have taken that amount of time.
I did surprise her with two finished (as finished as I was expected to make them) sweaters.  She had brought my payment (two boxes of Red Lobster Biscuit mix and a bag of assorted Lindt chocolates).  I think she was hoping to bribe me to work faster, but to her surprise we both had perfect timing.
Now I can get back to other things.  I think once I finish the hat I picked-up and the shawl I will work on the heart sweater pattern I have rolling around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment