So first my car's check engine light came on. Then they noticed that I also needed a new front axle boot along with the oxygen sensor. This took almost a week to do, so I got a really fun Golf TDI clean diesel to use. While they were still working on that, Mr. Jag started to act a bit weird. He would hold one ear out to the side some and would sometimes slightly loose balance when walking.
I took him in and it turns out he had a very slight ear infection in both ears. I now know the "joys" of putting ear drops in a cat. Though at least mine isn't a biter, scratcher, or wiggler.
Since people always say that bad things happen in threes, I was thinking what else could go wrong. First it was my car, then it was my cat, so I thought it would be funny if my can were next. Then I tried to take it back really quickly.
It didn't totally work. When I used the toilet the next morning it made sputtering sounds when I flushed it. Somehow some air had gotten into the pipes. Lucky for me, my three bad things, though hilariously named, went down in the level of 'bad' as they happened.
I'm still waiting on the second one to finish drying before I take any pictures of it.
Ten Stitch Blankets(Ravelry link) for a while.
I had to put the call out for needles though. I have US size 15 needles and then it jumps to US size 50 needles. I knew the 50s were going to be too big, and the 15s too small. I asked if there had been any US size 19s donated or not. Turns out we could only find one US size 19 needle. Not a set of them, one individual needle. My mom went digging around in her stash of needles and came out with a pair of US size 18 needles. I didn't even know that was an option. I think they are working out though.
As you can see in the picture above, it isn't too hard to tell with this yarn if the stitch in question has one or two wraps on it. The bulky yarn will also make it a nice and quick project.