Monday, August 18, 2014

Money Donations.

Let me just start out this post by going:

 Look, it's us!  If anyone had found this blog because of this, welcome!
I have been complaining to the hubby that I feel like I don't have enough time to make enough things to donate.  While I know it isn't a competition and every item I make is one more that didn't exist before, I still want to make more.  One group of ladies made over 500 small teddy bears in a month!  I am keeping in mind that they are a group and I am only one, I still feel like a slacker.
Here is the hard part about getting money donations for me.  I don't know where to really start.  I do have that cute little Donation button on the side there, but people will only see that if they come to the blog.  I also don't know if that shows-up on the mobile page.  There are so many websites people can use to get money for various reasons.  I could make a Kickstarter project to get enough money so that I wouldn't have to go into work for a month or something.  The problem with that one is that it is kind of a one shot deal.  Once the time is over, it is over.  I have also found both Go Fund Me and Just Giving.  I haven't looked around too much, but they seem kind of similar from my few looks around.  I also don't know if one is more popular than another and would get more interest.  There is even this webpage that lists the top 6 personal fundraising websites.
I feel like I need a whole month just to research these things.

I also just wanted to mention Don Ritchie.  How cool was this guy?  He was just amazing.  I'm glad they have information about him online so that people everywhere can read about what he has done.


I'm not 100% sure when this fire happened.  But this happened near my house.  I was thinking of asking some of their neighbors if I could help these people in any way, but I'm a hugely shy person at times.  As you can see they are already starting to take down some of the damage from the townhouse that wasn't as damaged.  I really, REALLY hope no one was hurt during all of this.





No comments:

Post a Comment