Monday, June 16, 2014

Still fighting those germs.

I have been battling with germs since last Wed.  I feel like I'm making progress, but I sound like a frog.  Hopefully this will be better before I have to go to work tomororw.

I had had plans on getting some stuff done outside of the house, but I have not felt like I had enough energy for that.  Some of it also involved talking to people, which I can't really do right now.
Instead I am trying to get some of the easier to get done projects finally done and out of the way.

 The headbands finally have buttons on them!  I added the one button to the end because that was the headband with the gradient striping and I wanted to let the wearer decide which side they liked best.

This thing I finished a good while ago, but then I forgot I had it.  I have no idea what to call it.  I based it on the rectangle hat that gives the appearance of cat ears when being worn.

Only I left little openings on the sides.  I am not sure why I did it, but I like it.  This second picture is closer to how the colors look in person.  I didn't show it, but it was one of my first times doing Kitchener stitch, so it is a bit uneven along that line.  When I made it I knit around until I got to where the gap was going to be, then I knit only one side until it was long enough to fold over, I then grafted it together with the body.

Anyone remember this bad boy?  I was sure I had finished it and donated it, but I found it in a bag in my craft-stuff storage room the other day.  I was also then going to drag out all my buttons and try and hope there were enough matching ones for it, but it turned out I went and bought buttons for it.  I only used about half the buttons since I knew I would get bored before I could sew all 11 that it called for on.
For anyone who doesn't remember it is the Very Versatile Top Down Cardigan (Ravelry link) that was last seen June 19, 2012. I don't blame you if you don't remember it.  Right now it is soaking to get blocked, but I don't think that will change how it looks too much.

It is getting dark out or I would also include the picture of my mini-Skywalker (yes, let's pretend I made it that size on purpse) and of the mustard yellow blob that is the almost done baby blanket.
Getting stuff finished is fun! (someone remind me of this when I have a pile of these things laying around again)


No comments:

Post a Comment