Thursday, February 22, 2024

Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid: Is It The Best?


Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid 

Overall ratings: 4.5/5 from 660 votes (Jo-Ann) - 4.8/5 from 129 votes (Michael's) - 3.9/5 from 14062 votes (Ravelry)
Average Cost: $5.15

  I have been using this yarn for a while.  It's what I used when I made my Orange You Glad baby hat pattern.  I don't know if it counts as cheating for this project if I already know how I feel about a yarn I'm going to test.
The best yarn ever!
Love this yarn. Glides on my crochet hook beautifully when crocheting. Never had a problem with it. Colors are fantastic. Will be sorry to see it discontinued.

~ Cookietins (about 4 months ago) 5/5 stars
Pattern: Lucky Bamboo Hat - Color: Dusty Purple - Needle: US 8
  So many of these reviews talk about the yarn being discontinued.  I don't know where they heard that information from.  So far, many months after these reviews have been left, I can still easily find it in stores.  I'm wondering if they had planned on discontinuing it and then sales went back up and so they changed their minds?
I love this yarn but it can be tricky
This is a great yarn but people who are not used to crocheting or knitting for very long are fussy about it. I’ve made several Afghans and particularly one pattern that really looks beautiful with this yarn and it washes up beautifully if you do it the right way. I have been knitting and crocheting since I’m seven years old and so that’s nearly 60 years now. I know what I’m talking about I’ve heard that they’re going to discontinue this yarn and I’m not pleased.

Leena Linda (about 9 months ago) 4/5 stars
Pattern: Side To Side Ribbed Hat by Sally L.M. - Color: Rust - Hook: 5.5mm
  The Dusty Purple was an older skein and the Rust I got recently.  I noticed that I had more problems with the yarn wanting to split with the newer skein.  It's either that or I was crocheting more tightly than I usually do and that was what was causing the splitting problem.
rough. feels like plastic.
i bought a bunch of these because the price seemed decent and i really like some of the colors. the skeins are smaller and contain less yarn than i was expecting, which is a little disappointing. i've been using them to crochet a blanket/throw and it's fine for that purpose but the texture is pretty poor. it feels very rough and plasticy. i wouldn't use this to make clothing, but for a throw, they're ok.

~ DoloresP (about 11 months ago) 2/5 stars  
  I still like it overall.  I am working with the newer yarn for a knitting project and haven't had any problems with it trying to split.  In the past I never crocheted with it, so that might be why I never had a problem before.  It's not the best affordable acrylic out there, but if they had a color I wanted to us I wouldn't hesitate to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment