Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Another Location Bites The Dust

Pattern: aMAZEing Dice Hat by Wyvern Knits - Size: B - Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Retro Stripes and Black - Needles: US 6 for brim and US 8 for body
  I recently got a new phone and it's interesting learning all the new swipes and shortcuts.  It also wanted to make this yarn look more pastel than it is in person.
Rolls I got for this hat: worked ~> and \/
  Chart number w/row for wraps for 12th row
  Crown
B w/12 - B w/4 - B w/14 - B w/6 - B w/18
1 w/2 - 2 w/6 - 5 w/4 - 3 w/8 - 5 w/6
2 w/6 - 2 w/6 - 2 w/12 - 3 w/4 - 2 w/2
5        - 6        - 4        - 5        - 1   
  Brim
  The yarn-overs work better than the make-1s, but it still makes the top look a bit wavy and they are sitting oddly for some reason.  I might try and make another one with a ssk decrease instead of the k2tog decrease at the top.

  Work has been interesting in the last few weeks.  One of the people I worked with looked for a higher paying job because her youngest has gotten to college age.  She is still helping, but can't come in during office hours because of her new job.  The other has just been out of town helping to take care of his mother.  Luckily, we are past the busiest time of the year, but it's still pretty busy.  I've been getting through it with the help of our Super Volunteer.

  The Wednesday knitting group is moving locations again.  Something happened a few weeks ago and the group decided to move to the local Wegmans.  I don't know if the event happened before I got there or I just missed it because I was there that day and have no idea what happened.  I know I was deeply offended when they put Skittles on their canoli for one of our White Elephant swaps, but I've mostly forgiven them for that.  Looks like I will get Wegmans food twice a week now.
  So far we have had:
Cosi (found bugs in takeout box, and they have also closed)
 La Madeleine (menu was small for a weekly meeting, it was a bit pricy, dark, and small tables)
 Champs (closed on us)
Santini's (event happened)
 
 
Yearly Yarn Tracker:
Yarn In: 0 (0)
Yarn Out: 3 (1)

Total: -3

No comments:

Post a Comment