Friday, July 20, 2018

So Many Basement Things

  I'm still plugging away and have found another 106 skeins of yarn, and that is just a rough count.  If there are too many skeins in a bag, I just either count general lumps, or try and count labels.  Even after just typing that, I found another 6 skeins.
  I'm pretty sure that I have pulled everything that will be going out of the items from the basement, but since I was so successful with that, I will be doing something similar with the bags I have in my crafting storage room and the overflow in the guest bedroom.  There are a lot of those that I haven't looked at in quite some time.  All of that will free up some space and I can start moving some of the things out of the corners of the other rooms in the house and then we should start seeing some real progress.

 
  This is my set-up to dry the first batch of washed yarn.  I have been soaking them in a bucket with enzyme soap made for pet stains for a while, then soak again with more pet soap and some laundry detergent.  Plenty of rinsing to make sure all the soap is out and a quick spin in the washing machine before being put in front of the fan.  I find that while washing the yarn in the washing machine would be a bad idea, putting it in for a spin cycle gets most of the water out quite quickly.

  I was moving the last of some boxes that I will need to go through when this little friend landed on me.  I carefully walked upstairs and we both went outside.  I was worried that he/she would fly off before we got out, but they just enjoyed the ride.

  I've also almost finished the green leafy dress.  All I need to do now is to sew on a button, and block it.  I'm now working on my purse hat while I'm trying to figure out what size I want to make the leafy cowl.

Donated:
Poly-fil: 4 24oz bags
Yarn: 60 166 172 skeins

Discarded:
Poly-fil: a few handfuls
Yarn: 7 skeins

No comments:

Post a Comment