Monday, July 16, 2018

Basement Stuff

  With the demolition of the basement walls means that I need to deal with all the things I have stored in the room that will be my craft room someday.  I didn't want to think of it because when we got some mice in the house they loved all the soft things in there.  Most of the yarn was in bags, so they weren't affected, but I was starting to organize some to be put into my cube wall, so not all yarn was protected.
  I'm going through and pulling out all the clean stuff first.  I'm also using a part of the KonMari method of cleaning.  Her style tells you to gather all of one style of item you have and then go through them all one by one and see if any bring you joy when you hold it.  I'm not gathering all of my yarn together, but I am looking at my yarn as I pull them out.  If I don't want to start knitting with it right now, it goes.  I'm up to about 60 skeins in this picture.
  The dirty stuff will be delt with on a case by case basis.  If it looks too dirty to be worth trying to save, then it goes in the bin.  I already had to throw one out because it looked like it had been made into a nest.  If it doesn't look too bad, I might try and wash it.  Also, before anyone worries, I have read many websites on how to keep myself from catching any mouse cooties.

  I'm super close to finishing the green leafy dress.  I think I'm going to start the green leafy cowl right after I'm done.  Though I might also work on a summer bracelet that I have planned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment