Monday, May 8, 2017

Two Weekends, One Review

  I had planned on talking about each weekend in their own posts, but time slipped away from me when I was done with the first and then getting ready for the second.  You might need a snack for this one.

Saturday 4/29

  It was a nice day and we got done with the New Member Orientation in a good amount of time.  Time for the beer festival!!

  I really like how they gave you this little jar to take with you to get samples.  No worries about small cups tipping over and not very much waste.  I kept mine and plan to use it again, so mine was zero waste.  This was a VA apple cider.

  I was very bad at keeping track of what I had from where...this was a yummy, but I don't remember which one it was.

  This one is also a mystery to me.  I remember they were right next to the cider people and the lady who poured it was very nice.  There were also a few that didn't get a picture taken of them.  Only one of the ones I actually tried wasn't something I liked.  There was a bunch I did like.

   Some of the places had really cool covers for their coolers.

  I really liked their pear lager.  I would definitely have that again.

  A lot of them had really cool handles.  It makes sense for them to do this, that way when you walk into some place you can see if they have your favorite quite easily.

Sunday 4/30

  My mom had debated a while on if she wanted to go see Geraldine or not.  I knew I wanted to go and we decided to meet there.

  There she is in all her yarny glory!  It was so interesting to see once you got inside.

  They had many things to distract you before you even got it.  Do you see those lovely baskets growing from that tree over on the left?  The yarns hung there are also dyed especially for them.  If you see one you like, you better get it, or learn how to dye yarn yourself.

  This is what the inside looked like.  Every where you turned there was something new to see and squish.

  I was thinking that I wasn't going to buy anything, but then I went in and took a closer look at the basket of stitch markers.  Even their logo is too cute to not take a closer look at.

  I wanted to get all the cat themed ones, but I thought that was a bit much since they were more than I would usually pay for stitch markers.  I managed to narrow it down to two cards.  I couldn't decide, so I just went with both of them.

Saturday 5/6

  We tried to go to the Virginia Gold Cup last year, but it didn't work out.  I forget why at this point, but I was determined to go this year.  The weather forecast said there was a chance of rain in the morning, but it should clear before too long.
  I woke up to cloudy skies, but it didn't look like much was happening.  When our friends got here it was drizzling a little.  We took that as a good sign since the storm was supposed to be moving from where the cup was towards where my house was.  It was raining on the way there, but lightened when we were almost there.
  When we got there it was drizzling, so we set up the table and brought the coolers down.  We did some browsing while we were waiting for the races to start.  They also had some terrier races, but they were on the other side of the field and they didn't cast it on the giant screens they had.  The one in green won.
  As we waited, the rain would start to lighten, then get heavy again.  The wind was also making it really cold feeling.  I got some fun pictures and we got to stay for one race.  I was hoping to see a second since I knew the path they took, but there is a really long lull between the races.  It makes sense because the race itself was only a little over four minutes, and the lines for betting were insanely long.  They want to let as many people as possible hand over their money.

  Here is the video I put together of what I got to see.  Feel free to go view it on YouTube.

Sunday 5/7

  The plan had been to go to Holi DC with a friend, but because of all the rain, we were worried about mud, and there were reports that it might rain again.  So we decided to stay home.

  When Bill first found this and showed me, my first thought was wondering if that stuff was peanut butter.  Nope, those would be eggs.  This would make sense why the ants wouldn't leave us alone, even when the desk was clean for weeks.
  We got those magazines and stuff outside with as many as we could.  Of course, when Bill started to move them, they panicked and tried to run off with eggs.  This makes sense, but isn't too convent for us.  He says that as long as none of the eggs they managed to make off with were a queen, we should be okay.

  Not a lot of knitting got done since what I'm working on is very cable heavy and I spend a lot of time looking at the chart.  I also still have no idea what to take on our trip later this month!
  Much to do, but for now, bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment