Thursday, March 1, 2012

The first is done!

Last night I also finished the hat I was doing a test knit for.  It seems I messed-up a bit.  The body of the hat was supposed to be 4.25", but I didn't pay enough attention and made it 5.5".  Oh well, I was testing the decreases, so that didn't hurt the test.

The colors are close in this one.  I think it looks like fall, it is so soft, and I love it.  I need to buy myself some of this yarn and make myself one of these.  I also finished it in about 3 days.

The pattern is Leafy Tops Hat(still a Ravelry link) I'm not mire some of the changes suggested in the test have been made yet, so I would give it a bit before you download it.

This is something crazy about this yarn.  You can see how in the hat, there is a bit of orange through all the other colors.  However, now that I am back to all orange, all the other colors are by themselves.  This will make the second hat I make look so different from the first.  They will look related, but like they are made out of different yarn.  I think that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment