Monday, May 18, 2020

Framing Day 34: Door Framing is Loud

  I don't know if it was confusing, but Bill and I aren't chasing the workers as they walk out the door to see if they are coming back, or grilling them on when they are coming back.  Those were just questions Bill and I have been asking each other.  It's not like the people putting the door framing would know when or even if the electrician will be back any time soon or not.  We also don't want to be those people and email the foreman every day and ask him these things.  They will work when they do and we will have to lock Tank in the bedroom with me when they do.

  Right now Bill doesn't have the type of door he asked for, I believe he has already sent an email about it.  This one has metal on the outside of the wood and it makes me want to put magnets all over it.
  Last week they worked only a short time on Tuesday and I had to go in to work to print some things pretty quickly.  As it normally goes, what should have been a quick one or two things turned into a slower four or five things.  I left the door open for Tank because Bill was home and could lock him in if needed.  When I got home I got to hear that Tank was super confused that someone wasn't in the bedroom with him since it was the middle of the day.  He lead Bill upstairs, jumped on the bed, and then meowed loudly.  Poor confused kitty.

  You can see one of my two pocket doors.  Right now there isn't a stopper in the center and I might have derailed one of them.  It was an easy fix.  Bill says they meet at the bottom first and have a V gap.  Hopefully that will also be fixed.
  I think it is only one person working and I know it takes a bit to measure, cut, and put up, but I feel like this is a very slow process.  It should all look very nice once it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment