Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Remodel Day 33: The "I don't know" Phase

  I feel like we have questions day to day and just keep having I Don't Know as the answer.  Will they fix this bit that doesn't look nice?  Will they be working today?  Are they done for the day or will they be coming back?  Many unknowns.

  I do know that I'm done with the shawl I have been designing.  I have sent it off to a speedy knitter to have it tested.  Paula will probably have it done in an afternoon.  Maybe not that fast, but pretty darn close.  I still need to block it and take a nice picture of it for the official pattern and I also still need to think of a name for it.  Leave any ideas in the comments.  I spent so long making written instructions and I hope they make sense.  The fact that it has four panels makes a lot of the rows really long to write out.

  I adopted this a while ago.  If anyone says that you can adopt things that are alive, try counting knitting stitches.  You will cast on, count, need two stitches, so you cast on two more.  Now you suddenly have three extra.  You take the three stitches off and might have the right number, it depends on how the yarn is feeling at that time.
  No one knew if this was going to be the front of a sweater or a sleeve, but I will turn it into a hat.  I just need to take off a few rows at the top, knit more ribbing, and then seam the sides.  I like it when I can take a partially knitted piece and keep most of the knitting intact.  I know how much work went into this and don't want to loose all of it.  There are times when it is best to just rip it all out and use the yarn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment