Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Floors Day 39: Suddenly Foam

  They added expanding foam to the area for the tub drain pipe.  I was not expecting that and it is quite puffy.  I wasn't sure how set it was, but I always want to poke at expanding foam because it looks like it should squish but then it is hard to the touch.

  They had to do another layer on a few places.  Since they will be back tomorrow they left a few space heaters going to try and speed up the drying process.  It was a bit chilly down there, so I stood in front of them while we looked at things.  My pocket doors are not level and leave a V gap and at one point one of the casters fell off the top.  They still do this and we are wondering if they will be adding something to the door to make it close easier if it is fully open, or will we need to leave some out when they are open.  We also would like for them to level them, though the stopper isn't on, so they can still be pulled off fairly easily.

  I was expecting them to leave the kitchen ceiling till the end, but I guess this makes  sense while they still have drywall, tape, and mud around.  They pulled down most of the plastic wall to work on this and then put it back up using different anchor points.  They still need to sand it, possibly add more mud, then paint before it is done, but it's looking pretty good already.

No comments:

Post a Comment