Thursday, May 28, 2020

Flooring Day 40: Also Cabinets

  I think the neighbors are using our dumpster.  I say because there is a ceiling fan in there that definitely didn't come from us.  We were the place to be, as you can see from all the cars.  You can also see Miss Jackie's Free stuff table she put together from the things from her garage that they no longer want.  I may have picked up another wine opener from her.  There were some really cool lamps, but I have no where to put them, so I left them there.  You can almost see that Josh is getting some work done on his house and looks to be cleaning out his garage too.
  Tank was napping by the open window when they started using the chop saw in the driveway area.  It was a lot closer of a sound and louder than what he is used to.  He couldn't decide if he wanted to run and hide, or to see what was happening.  He kept going in circles until he finally decided to jump off the chair.  I gave him a few good pets and convinced him to lay in bed with me instead of going into hiding.

  We have some cabinets!  I thought there was going to be a major delay on it but I guess it wasn't as bad as they thought?  Though the bit sticking out on the right makes it so that the keezer doesn't fit in there by about one inch.

  This is also an interesting thing.  They had to cut the drywall to get it to fit in there.  It will be interesting to see how they make it look nice and don't impede the use of the drawers.  So far everything else we have questioned they have managed to make look nice, so hopefully this won't be the exception.

  There are floors in my craft room too, not just the places with cabinets.  They warned us that this type of flooring really lets you feel any imperfections on the floor itself.  There are a few spots where you can feel it flex and I'm hoping that doesn't shorten the lifespan of the floor at all in those spots.  It isn't a huge difference and some people might not even notice it.

  Fiona was very funny too.  I went to go take Tank into the bathroom to get a snack and some water.  Fiona was sitting right outside my door and meowed at me when I opened it.  She was letting me know that the food bowl was empty, and as the food-hooman that I shouldn't slack at my job and fill it up for her.  I left Tank in the bathroom and took the bowl downstairs.  She was very brave and followed me, even though there were scary sounds happening.  Since she was down there with me, she got the first nibbles and then we both went back upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment