Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Framing Day 35: Floor Framing

  I know they are called baseboards, but I like calling them floor frames better.  There were more people working today.  One guy had a really funny conversation on the phone right outside my open window.
  "She's so wet right now...  ...yeah...  ...yeah yeah...  She's at the pool now!"  It made me laugh for a while after hearing that.

  They got a lot done today, but some of their choices are kind of interesting.  This is definitely not cool and we thought the gaping hole would be fixed before they added the floor framing.  Some of the other corners look better than others as well.

  I heard a lot of vigorous hammering throughout the day and it looks like someone got a bit too excited.  This was not broken yesterday.  While the framing on the inside is looking pretty good, this is not good.

  I've been working though my current projects pretty well.  The shawl is drying overnight and I have the sleeve hat done.  It took me two tries to seam it together, but I finally got it.  Tank helped by trying to hold the yarn down so I would have even tension.  He is a really good helper, even if he does sometimes make the yarn smell like cat food.
  I've also got the extra small Slippy Hat done and have gotten a good part of the small done too.  I missed my chance to get pictures of them though.  Hopefully I will remember to tomorrow before it gets dark again.

No comments:

Post a Comment