Thursday, April 20, 2023

Some General Updates

Pattern: Textured Cat Hat Recipe - Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red 9924 and Bone 9703 - Needle: US 6
  I had enough from the first hat to make another, similar one.  I like how the texture looks and I'm thinking of writing it out as a pattern.  The other hat looked a bit snug on Marguerite's head and I wanted to see how it would look when the fabric isn't being stretched as much.  It's a pretty easy pattern to work because it is just moss stitch or extended seed stitch.  The color changes are what make it look more interesting.

Pattern: Textured Cat Hat Recipe - Yarn: Lion Brand Hometown USA in Oakland Black and Los Angeles Tan - Needle: US 11
  I think I had figured out the pattern wrong before.  I was trying to figure out the pattern stitch reading the knitting upside down.  Now that I take a closer look at it with the bulky yarn, it looks like the fabric on the one from AliExpress was made from the top down.  I think I like how this way looks better, so when I type out the pattern, I will be using this one.  I also tried a new grafting stitch that I kind of made up on the spot.  For the front needle stitches I went into them with the yarn needle like I was going to knit them, and for the back needle like I was going to purl them.

  We took a trip out to the cabin for the home inspection.  It took us a bit, but our inspector, Josh, was able to figure out how to turn the water on.  He was a really nice guy, he even said that he should have brought us some honey from his bees.  Though speaking of bees, there were a lot of carpenter bees buzzing around.  Another new thing was that it looked like the family had been around and had put stickers with names on them for the furniture items they wanted to claim.
  We have been going back and forth and have come to an agreement.  There was nothing on the report that was a big shock, but since it has been so long since the yearly maintenance has been done they are willing to knock some of the price off and to also get a pest inspection and to pay to get any pest damage fixed.
  Some background on the older cabin was that it has been in the family for such a long time that they are probably the original owners.  The listing says that it has been in the family for over 70 years, but a census was found from the late 1700s and their last name was listed there at that address.  It's a bit sad that they are not still passing it down in the family, but I will also admit that it is a win for us.

Our first cabin warming present, some 12' sunflowers
  Shane and I have found out that banks can be really strange.  It seems that if you have not written a check to someone who has had a Wells Fargo account that the nice bank teller will not be able to find the information she needs to easily deposit the check and it will take a few days to clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment