Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Day 4 - Time to head home

  The leftovers were some good eats for the trip to the airport.  The bread was a bit soft after sitting in the bags in the fridge over two nights, but I still liked them. There was one sandwich that got brought onto the plane with us.  Bill wasn't sure security would let it through, but I wasn't worried.

  Not our plane, but a cool one Bill and I saw while waiting for ours.  Mark and Elena were also on the same flight as us on the way back, though we weren't sitting near each other.
  When we got to our seats there was a lady in mine, she apologized for not being able to count and moved back one row.  She told me that at least my seat had been sanitized.  I offered her my United alcohol wipe since she already used the one she was given.

  I'm a big fan of the Device Holder and now I'm wondering if the plane we were on to head out had them too.  I should have used Bill's phone for the picture, but I didn't think of it at the time.
  I decided to not change too many things at once with the hat pattern.  I didn't have a food scale with me, so I wasn't able to weigh the yarn I had left.  I chained 61 stitches in hopes that I would have enough yarn to make the whole hat.


  Just a few sunset pictures from the sky.  It was a shorter trip on the way back and I didn't get as many podcasts listened to.
  It was a tricky landing with the winds sustaining at 25mph and gusting to 36, but the pilot nailed it.  People even started applauding once we had all 3 wheels down.  A kid on the plane had a balloon T-Rex and it somehow serviced the trip!  I almost forgot my hoodie on the plane, but I remembered it before I got off.
  It was fairly icy at home, but we made it back okay.  Tank was very happy to see us, but he kept making sad sounds by the front door.  Bill and I were in the dining room making noise, so it's not like we were hiding.  He's silly like that.  Time to get unpacked and to bed before I have to be ready in the morning for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment