Friday, January 14, 2022

Day 1-ish: Heading to Warm Weather

  The knitting was too tight and the piece was too wide.  I ripped it out and tried to decide what pattern to make on the trip.  I was feeling some crochet.
  The first few ideas I had wouldn't work because they would have involved cutting the yarn a few times and you still aren't allowed to bring sharp items into the plane cabin with you.  I had stumbled upon Granny Square Mitts on Instagram and thought they looked really cute.  The page didn't list a pattern, but the ones by Sew Happy Creative and Lullaby Lodge were the closest I could find, though it looks like you can substitute any square motif.
  I looked at the Timeless Drifter Earwarmer but it also wasn't what I was looking for.  Not long after, YouTube suggested a video for me and I had found what I wanted to work on.

  Before we left Bill and I got tested for Covid-19 because the venue required it and though it cost us a pretty penny at the time, the nice guy told us that our insurance had to pay us back in full.  The place we went to is also one of the local labs, so they took our samples to the back room to process.   It was the lest invasion tests I've gotten.  Krissy told me that the law has gone into effect the day before that made our insurance pay us back.  We had good timing.

  Bill isn't a fan of these seats.  I do like that there is all the free room in case I need to go to the bathroom, but I don't like that there is no seat in front of me to hold things.  The arm rests also don't go up, so the seats are a bit tight.  I was joking that Bill could sit on the floor during the flight.
This plane is heading to LA, so I hope that's where you want to go because in 7 mins the doors are closing and you are coming with us." -Captain
  The flight people have apps on their phones to see which seats have checked in and made the guy who tried to sit next to us move back to his real seat.  He was on his phone and it look the poor flight attendant too much effort to get his name.  Hopefully the person he kept getting calls from found what they were looking for in the mint bag.

Pattern: Crochet Showtime Hat, Yarn: Unknown Purple Acrylic
  One lady commented on my crochet.  She said that she was going to bring hers but she was worried that the people at the TSA security check would have a problem with the hook.  I told her that I've never had any problems and she said that she was going to keep that in mind for next time.  Hopefully she doesn't have any problems.

Double-Double Animal Style
  One of my Must-Dos is to go to In-n-Out Burger.  Bill keeps saying it's less good than Five Guys, but I don't agree with that.  We got our burgers before taking the scenic route to the hotel.  People say that California drivers are really bad, but it's not too much different than what I see at home.  There's just more of them and more palm trees.  Lane splitting is legal here but not at home, so I normally don't see that.
  Whenever we are stuck in traffic I try and see if I can spot any YouTubers.  First time I was over here I'm pretty sure I saw Keith from The Try Guys driving a Prius.

  The Hyatt Regency Westlake is super fancy looking.  Though currently the kitchen is closed for dinners, it is open for breakfast.  The bar is not affected by any of this.
THE KARATE KID
  The Hyatt Hotel in Westlake Village was a filming location for this popular 80s film - it served as the Country Club.
  Over the years, it's also been a popular location for other shows, including Knight Rider, Dynasty, Knots Landing and Beverley Hills 90210.

  I picked Moody Rooster for dinner because I like a place with an odd name.  We didn't have a reservation and almost didn't get a table.  I got the Sautéed Spanish octopus with shishito peppers, chick peas, and yellow tomato sauce and Bill got the Sonoma Lamb Shoulder Ragu.  We got to sit in the romantic glow of the Open sign from the Subway next door.  The Toffee Date Cake ended the night for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment