I am slowly starting to back into the swing of things now that I am done with the serape. I wanted to show everyone since it is pretty impressive. But before that, a few other things.
I started this Multi-Directional scarf for a few reasons. It was my "waiting for students at work" project, but it was also to try and see if I could do it. I had made the same style of scarf, but with only one color, before. I wanted to know what it would look like if each triangle was a different color, or if they had a different stitch pattern. Since I didn't feel like thinking of a few stitch patterns, I did the color change. The next one I do might have different stitches.
I started this hat as a sample for a class at work about...2 years ago. Maybe a bit more. I finally found it in a cabinet at work and finished it. Not sure why I never finished it before, it only needed the decreasing on the top.
I can't find the real pattern for it, but it isn't hard. *k2, p2* ribbing until it is 5" and then plain until the whole thing is 9". Decrease by 8 every other round, and then have a hat.
Here is the nice thing. It is made of 17.35 skeins of super chunky yarn in it, 16.79 black and only 0.56 of the blue. In the picture my mom is modeling it. I got some pictures of the recipient in it, but the lighting was too low for my phone to take good pictures. I didn't get a chance to weigh it before I gave it away since we finished it and then rushed it over to where he worked so we could give it to him that day. I weighted it close to being done and it was almost 4.5 lbs.
I'm very glad for it to be done and for him to be so happy to have it! Now on to smaller things!