Saturday, August 7, 2021

I've Been Busy

 Pattern: 2x2 Brioche Rib(not written yet) - Yarn: Lion Brand Mandala Sparkle in Aquila

  This is the cowl I was working on during the last bit of the Glacier Park trip.  I like how the beginning only has a touch of the purple showing and the top has a touch of the blue showing, though that's hard to see in this picture.  Because of the brioche ribbing, I didn't think it was going to pull together, like standard 2x2 ribbing, but I got a fun surprise.  The yarn is really nice to work with and I didn't feel any scratchiness from the sparkle.  It is on my list to get more of it once I get some of the stash down.

Pattern: Purl Brioche Hat(not written yet) - Yarn: some blue cotton DK weight

  If you click on the picture you can see the texture a bit better.  I still plan on trying to make this hat again with different yarn to see if it stands out more.  I'm also thinking of trying it with only four plain rows between increases and a multi-colored yarn.

Pattern: Waves of Hope Hat by LJM Designs - Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Lilac

  I was talking to some random person online and he wanted me to knit him a hat.  I told him that it'll cost a lot because it takes a while to make and all that.  He sounded like he still wanted to go through with it, so I told him to look for patterns.  He found this one for free and it turns out I had already added it to my Ravelry favorites.
  He told me a color and it turns out I don't have the right color in the right weight of yarn in my stash.  I told him that I would need the full payment before I got started on his hat.  Time went by and he said he doesn't want it right now because it is summer and hot out.  I don't know if that is just an excuse or not, but I was excited to knit the pattern.  I went into The Stash and found a single skein of this pretty purple.  The yarn was a bit heavy for what the pattern called for, but I like it.  It works up pretty quickly and it isn't a long repeat, it is fun and easy to tell where you are once you get the hang of it.
  Time will tell if I ever make the hat for the random internet person who wanted one.  I'm guessing that he will probably not get it because of the price, but that's okay.  I didn't buy any special yarn for him and got reminded of a pattern that I have wanted to do for a while.

Pattern: Scallop Lace Hat by Leah Coccari-Swift - Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Lilac

  I remember this pattern being a lot of fun to make, and I wasn't wrong.  Though I did manage to mess up one section when I decided to move the decrease over by one.  It works up really quickly, though I did make my own fifth row of eyelets because I thought the decrease section was too solid looking.

  I guess this is a good thing?  I've been really liking the idea of having two colors for my FitBit band.  Well, I replaced the one side with the teal band because it was cracking in half a few days ago, and just yesterday I noticed that the other side is also ripping.  So it seems the FitBit bands wear evenly, which would be a good thing.  Though I feel like these wore out quicker than my first band, which is the purple half.  That one got replaced because I managed to crack the connector where the band holds onto the watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment