Saturday, April 3, 2021

4-3-2-1

 I wish I could say that I worked it out so that this countdown day correlated with the day that I was done with my hat pattern.  I'm still working on samples to get yarn amounts because I haven't looked at getting it tested by people who aren't me.  I need to check the Free Pattern Testers forum on Ravelry to see if I can put multiple yarn weights for one test.  I might also send it to people I know, that would be a lot easier, but I need to remember to ask to see who would wants to test it out. 

  I am a bit sick of the pattern I'm testing, but I'm not sick of hats, so I decided to take a small break.  I wanted to try a two color switch brioche hat technique ever since I saw the pattern that Stephen West did, the Syncopation Adoration Hat(Ravelry link).  However, I wanted to do it a bit differently.  Mine doesn't change the location of the knit and purl columns, and I use the Fisherman's Rib technique over the yarn over and slip stitch method.  I didn't want the sections to be predetermined, so I decided to roll a 20 sided die to figure out each section.  I'm also working top down because I want to be able to use up as much yarn as possible and don't want to have to try and re-do the crown more than once.
  For the increases I did the increase stitch with a k1b, yo, k1b in the same stitch,  then the rest of the ones in that triangle being worked with a k1, k1b repeat.  Next round I purled the three increase stitches in the increase and then continued on with the p1b, p1 repeat.  Then the next two rows are worked normally followed by an increase row.  It's laying a little flat for me, so I'm going to leave this one the same, but I might do another one with four rows between increase rounds after the first two or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment