Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The End of the Colorful Hats

  Krissy, the one who did my banner, mentioned that she wanted to go to Eastern Market.  I told her about how fun it is the last time I went and donated some of my fabric.  Since I had another bag to go through and we decided to do a Girl's Weekend, I thought it was the perfect time.  This is what came out of the last mystery bag and I took to Jamie, though I almost forgot it in various places three times.
  After getting some Bloody Marys and breakfast foods for lunch, we bought some brownies and headed home.  Later, while I got her hooked on Critical Role, we ordered our favorite things from the local Thai restaurant.  It's funny how no two places have the exact same things.

  This house was pretty impressive.  Every tree was coated in lights, every edge on the house had a bright line, and there were faux deer and giant ornaments in the back yard.  I also love the sign right out front.  My phone isn't the best at taking pictures in the dark, so you might not be able to read it.  It tells people to text LIFE to 50333 to donate $10 to St. Jude.  Many other people stopped to take a look as well, so I like how they we getting that donation suggestion out.

  So many colorful hats!  One for each of her grandchildren and a few of them have the brim and top colors based on what they like.  The one in the far back only needed the top and that cords added to be finished.  She brought them all in so we could all take a look before she mailed them off.
  It is so impressive that she started these back in the beginning of October.  With as many color changes, and so many ends to weave in, I can say that I am blown away.  All the hats have the stripe pattern and the fleur de lis, which are both in the book knit hats! edited by Gwen Steege.  She also had a bunch of grid paper tucked into the pages because she made up a bunch of her own to make them more interesting.

  It has taken me so long to publish this post that almost a whole week has gone by (coming up on tomorrow) and I even finished that hat made from all the leftovers.  The picture isn't the best, but Panera's lighting isn't made for photography.  It was a pretty fun hat.  It is a small feather and fan and after I finished it I wondered if I should have made a brioche rib with it.  Too late now.
  Time to go back to the Hearts and Waves hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment