Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Turkey Day/Thursday

  I was right!  She was able to get a better picture than I did.  I had definitely not planned on that thing getting to be that big and it didn't feel quite so big when I was working on it, but it sure is a doozy.

  I also feel like I haven't done any knitting or crochet in such a long time.  I did teach that knit hat class last week.  I didn't finish that project because it was knit flat around the head as a flat piece that was then made into a tube and cinched at the top.  I thought that was a silly design since there were no short rows and the top would be very bulky.  I taught the class and my students seemed happy, so that is a good thing.  I also showed them the importance of gauge because my sample was not done with big needles and chunky yarn but with smaller yarn.  Theirs would fit their hat and mine would have fit a large doll's head or a very small baby.
  Since that I had not gone to any knit-nights for various reasons.  I skipped Saturday because I needed to finish some work so I could get the table cleaned off for D&D and I also had the New Member Orientation during the morning.  I then spent Monday getting another tally group done so I could have another mailing done for work on Tuesday.  The Wednesday, that was yesterday, was used to get anything done we needed to for today.
  It's only been about a week, but it had definitly felt longer.  It definitly felt weird, but I have plans to go to knitting this coming Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment