Friday, March 13, 2020

Happy Friday the 13th!

  I've been trying to catch up on the SV Delos YouTube Channel and the Bumfuzzle blog and it has made me want to go somewhere fun again.  Something I think everyone should keep in mind that even if you don't go anywhere, you can still find fun things to do near you.

  Krissy mentioned this place a while ago and we finally managed to go.  You pour your own beer, which is really nice because it lets you try a lot of flavors/styles and you won't have to commit to a whole glass if you don't know if you will like something new.

  You get this little card and are allowed to be as thrifty or get in as much trouble as you would like with it.  They also have food trucks and take out menus for you to make use of, though the food trucks aren't there super late.

  The card gives you the instructions and some advice on the back.  I was able to pour as little as 75¢ and up to a few dollars, but I also wanted to be able to try a bunch of different options.  They have small and larger glasses to choose from.  There are also pool tables and board games to get you to spend more time trying their brews.

  I'm taking the day to be productive in my own way.  I took a bunch of plastic bags to Safeway to be recycled and a bunch of the shipping boxes we had laying around to the recycle center.  Since I've recently designed a bunch of buttons for my Etsy shop, I now need to turn them from paper rounds into useable buttons.

  I got some feedback about the first round of Ally buttons I made, so now people can get the words going either upward or downward.  I think both look good.

  Ignore the chip tube off to the side.  I try and take pictures of the finished buttons in a way that is related to the awareness that it is about.  This will also immortalize this succulent, so even if something happens to it, we can remember how it was right now.

  I was so annoyed that when I finished these that is was cloudy out.  Not just a few wispy clouds like in the picture, but where the whole sky is overcast.  The sky cooperated with me for a bit and I was able to get this picture.  I don't know if any of this will help my sales, but I have fun doing it.

  I had knit up a test hat for every size for this pattern and was making sure to put them to the side so I would have them for pictures once I started typing up the pattern.  I had a few versions on Google Docs, but I had an idea of how I wanted to format it before putting it up for sale.  About that time was when my computer stopped working, so I had to put it off.  My computer stayed down longer than I had thought it would, though I kept putting off working on the layout once it was back up.
  It really didn't take me long to get the layout the way I wanted and I was getting ready to make the test page.  I was going to weigh the hats to see about how much yarn I used, so I went looking for the test hats I made.  I don't remember donating them, but they are no where to be found.
  I looked and looked in all the places I remember seeing them last and I was left with two options: knit a whole new set of hats, or get them tested anyway.  Luckily I know a bunch of knitters and could get the pattern tested without yarn requirements.  Two of the tests are done now and two are in process.

  I hope everyone out there reading is feeling okay or are able to stay home if they don't.  I know a lot of people are worried about getting sick and while it is good to be cautious, it doesn't help anyone to panic.  Washing you hands never hurt anyone and while hand sanitizer is nice, I don't feel like everyone needs to carry around a few big bottles at all times.  Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment