Friday, March 27, 2020

Demo Day 2: Where Tank Lays Under a Blanket

  I took a lot of these pictures on Day 1, but not until around the end of the day.  This is what I saw when I opened the bedroom door.  I had heard a lot of taping but wasn't sure what it was all about.

  There was a small hole in the thinner plastic they put along the stairway.  We had thought that they were going to go out the back door, but they decided to go out the front.

  This was the view when I looked more towards the kitchen.  I wasn't sure how we were supposed to get around and how Bill had managed to bring me my crochet.

  This is what I saw when I finally managed to climb over the things in the living room.  We hadn't planned on having to go through there, so we filled it pretty well.

  This is what you got to see if you were standing in the breakfast nook.

  It is pretty cool that they made their own little tunnel.  This will help keep the dust and everything more contained.  A lot less cleaning later for me and they would sweep up as they went.

  It already looks so different and they got so much done in just one day.  I know this is what they do, so that means that they are good at it, but it's still impressive.

  It also seems so much more open already.  I know they only took down one wall in this picture, but it already seems like a huge change.

  I feel like I'm in a movie with aliens or something.  Must keep the plastic walls up to keep the specimens contained!  This is the view of the curve from inside the plastic tunnel.
  Today Tank just feels like he is over all of this.  At one point he just crawled under the blanket and stayed there for a few hours.  He kept trying to hide in my closet, but I don't trust him in there to come back out if he had to use the litter box.  He then would lay on the bath mat we have in front of Bill's vanity and the bathroom door.  After neither or those were good enough any more is when he just crawled under the blanket.

  Here is the other direction when standing by the stairs at the end of Day 2.  The bottom part of the drywall to the left had been removed a long time ago when they were doing mold remediation before we moved in.

  You can see the blue, which I believe is the original moisture protection and the white, which is what they put on the walls before we moved in when they thought it needed more work.

  It's just so crazy to me how little space that bathroom took up.  I know it felt kind of small, but seeing it like this makes it look like it was super tiny.  Our new bathroom is going to be much bigger because we have a soaking tub going in down there.

  They had told us we had a week for the demolition, but it didn't even really take two full days.  They probably do that in case it is a more finished space or any other number of reasons that would make this take a while.
  I think the hardest part of this will be the starting and stopping of work.  It gives the kitties more time to wonder around between projects but it will confuse them more when we lock them up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment