Thursday, March 26, 2020

Demo Day 1: I Hope Everyone Has Been Able To Keep Busy

  I felt like I was going to have more finished items by this point, but it's kind of like how you take extra knitting on vacation, just in case you become faster at it.  So far I have totally finished my present for Bill for our anniversary.  It turns out that I will need more yarn than I thought for the shawl pattern, so I either have to go to the store or wait until I can get to more of the yarn I put in the storage unit.  Since I can't work on my shawl, I've started my present for Mary.

  The demolition work on my basement started this morning.  It is all very exciting and kind of scary.  We have been talking about it for so long but what we are doing now is so different than we had planned.  Like I mentioned before, we had originally planned to just refinish the basement to be like it had been when we had first looked at the house, but the contractors discovered something else.  It turns out that our foundation is slowly caving inward.  We talked to one of our other neighbors, one of the few who also have a basement, and they had the same problem, but many years ago.  I got to make a lot of design decisions and while I feel like everything will go together (and the interior designer agrees), I'm just hoping it will all look nice together.  The whole thing is going to take anywhere from one and a half to three months to finish.  I'm hoping the weather will be a lot nicer for them to work and not raining so often like it has been doing the past few days.
  Tank had been loving the fact that he could go down and explore the basement.  He wasn't allowed down there before because at one point the mantle above the fire place broke and when it fell all the glass items on there broke.  That has been since swept up along with us cleaning out almost everything else.  Fiona went down there once before and was having fun, but she hadn't been brave enough to go down again, even though she saw Tank go down there.

  I don't know if it is the anti-stress defuser or the fact that I'm staying with him, but Tank is doing pretty well so far.  We have food and water in the hall bathroom along with a litter box and we are going to take the cats in there when they let us know they need to get out for some reason.
  It's a lot louder than I was expecting for them to be working in the basement, but that's the way it has to be.  I do wish I had been smart enough to have brought my crochet up with me last night, but the plan hadn't been for me to stay with Tank all day at that point.  At least I have more Bumfuzzle to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment