Thursday, August 12, 2021

Wedding Day

   I asked the lady at the fruit section at breakfast what the new fruit I like is called.  I thought she said something like "lyara" but couldn't find it in a search.  Tried some more spellings and I think she said "pyara" which is a guava.  I didn't know guavas came in so many colors and options.  It is either a yellow guava or a honey guava.

  I'm amused by the fact that at breakfast they probably just take the label and the lids off the juices, but they look so cute and kitschy.  Just a little bottle of juice.  The honeydew juice was my favorite.
  Some people had to spend most of the morning getting ready, but since I'm not anyone important, Bill and I lounged around.  This is where I got sunburnt.  I went out too early without waiting long enough for the sunscreen to soak in before getting into the water.  A sun-shirt would have been really nice and smart, I'll know for next time.

  The weather wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze the whole time.  It was also slightly overcast so it wasn't super bright and a bit cooler.  The one they were supposed to use was closed and while we were closer to where the resort dumps the extra seaweed, the breeze worked in our favor and the smell was hardly noticeable to me.

  They had a few extra bits to the ceremony.  They did the mixed sand, a small handfasting, and a wine box with notes in there telling the other why they married them.  The notes were to be read 5 years from now (or sooner in case of distress).  It was all very sweet.

  Refreshing drinks during cocktail hour and some finger food.  There was fried shrimp, beef puff things, empanadas, and meat with cheeses.  The orange drink is a Sex on the Beach, and I'm not sure what the other was but it had some cucumber in it.  It was a warm walk to the marina but not as bad as it had been some of the days previously.

  I don't even remember what all I got for food, but it tasted great.  There was a shrimp Cesar salad, a traditional Mexican soup, steak with veggies, and a custard tasting dessert.
  The employees were smart and brought some of the mosquito repellent lotion, but there were so many I still got eaten up.  I don't think Bill got many bites, but the bugs love me anyway.  Barb is the same way, so we could commiserate.

  The first dances were elegant, the food was delicious, and the music was fun to dance to.  A lot of us were on the dance floor until 10pm when they turned the music off.  I didn't go to the after party because my right foot had a bit of a rash starting and I was tired.  Bill went and had some fun.  It was a really great wedding overall and I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment