Monday, August 9, 2021

The SV Star Ship

  Turns out that if you aren't awake or don't hear the knock from the guy, they will call you to tell you that your room service has arrived.  There are also many birds who will have yelling matches near your door early in the morning.
 

  Spent a good chunk of the day being lazy.  I have realized that my wardrobe is unprepared for tropical vacations.  My t-shirts feel too thick, I don't own many shorter leg covering options, and I don't own a swimsuit cover.  I'm going to have to look on Ravelry to find some patterns to crochet one.  I'm also going to be in the market for some linen or rayon items.  Maybe they will make it more comfortable to go outside during summer normally.

  We went on a short walk to go to the end of one of the covered piers.  The open one and the other covered one were close because hurricanes damaged them.  While out there I spotted this boat. I don't know a lot about boats and their maintenance, but I'm pretty sure this isn't ideal.  I feel bad for it because it hasn't done anything to anyone.  Other than the fact that I can't see how much water is inside it or know how long it's been like this, it doesn't seem to be in too bad of a shape.  So if anyone wants to adopt the Star Ship you just have to figure out how to get her upright and get someplace to do repairs.

  We also passed by this enclosure.  I love that they are still trying to protect the wildlife while also being able to let me hang out in a pool or on the beach and give me endless drinks.  The drinks are pretty watered down so you can stay out all day drinking and they don't have to deal with a ton of drunk people.  If you knew how to order it, you could get something stronger, but the general drinks were light.
  We hung out in the room while we dried off and then eventually went to get drinks and listen to the water.  Once it started to get dark the mosquitoes came out and headed straight for me.  They gave us some mosquito repellent lotion, but that doesn't help when it is in the room and you aren't.  It does smell nice and absorb quickly when you put it on.

  We had dinner at Ile de France Bistro with a few other people.  It was supposed to be the hardest one to get a reservation for and I wanted to try it.  The table got crusty bread with homemade garlic aioli and unsalted butter.  I started with the creamy salmon soup with garlic and cheese croutons.  For my meal I got the duck confit ravioli with foie gras and poultry broth, and honestly it tasted like fancy chicken noodle soup.  Being me I had to get the crème brulee for dessert, it came with a few different fruits and some solid sugar on top.  It was nice that the portions are pretty small because you can order all three courses and even try more than one from any without stuffing yourself or wasting food.

  I looked up when high tide was and had to go back to visit the boat.  Bill said he thought it floated more at high tide.  It might not be the right time of the year because I went out for the day's high tide and it wasn't high enough.  The boat was still very tilted.  I think the loud small brown/black birds have nests in the seaweed out there because I got yelled at by a lot of birds.  I didn't go down the pier again, but I was surprised that the spheres lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment