Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Rumors and Cookies

  I heard something interesting, though I don't know if it is true or not.  It seems Santini's didn't really want us back.  I was told it was because one of the employees wanted to go home early and she couldn't finish cleaning her section because we were there.  At that time they were open until 10pm and most of us left at 9pm.  We never complained when we didn't get the section we normally used or when they cleaned up the tables around us.  We also tried to get all of our trash cleaned up, even if it was made by someone else in the group.  The manager didn't stay until close, but it seemed she was telling tales about us to make us look bad.  Seems silly to turn away guaranteed money since most of us bought dinner there, but not much to do about it.  So we are looking for a new place, which can be tricky.  We want somewhere that can let us sit as a large group easily, has good lighting, and serves food.

  Amanda from my bank came a few weeks ago.  We were talking when I went to deposit my work check.  She thought my mask had bones on it but then thought they were nails.  I told her they were knitting needles so then we started talking and it turned out she crochets.  I left but then was kicking myself that I didn't mention the local meet up.  I then got brave and went back in and mentioned the Reston Stitch'n'Bitch.  I was worried that I didn't give her good information and that she had no contact information for me, but she got it.

  The couch blanket is slowly coming along.  I had to take a few rows out because it wasn't long enough for Bill to throw some over his shoulder and also have his feet be covered.  One of the skeins was thicker and more dense feeling, but I don't think it's noticeable.  It is 64" long and I've already used 11 skeins.  I bought a bunch the last time I was at Michel's, but don't know if I will have enough, though I plan on working through what I have before getting more.

  Since the Delta varient is starting to spread around in my area, knit-night was cancelled.  Earlier I got a notification on my news app that a new cookie shop opened near me back on Friday the 13th.  This seemed like a good time to get cookies.  Crumbl Cookies is an interesting shop.  They tell you what temp each one should be served at.  Some are better cold and others are better warm.

  This week they had: Confetti Cake, Honey Bun, Buckeye Brownie, Orange Creamsicle, Classic Sugar, and Milk Chocolate Chip.  They have mini cookies for catering jobs.

  They have the big mixers right behind the registers.  The space might have not been totally ideal for them, but they are making it work really well.

  There were a lot of employees getting everything done.  This meant that even though when we walked in the line was all the way to the door, everyone got processed quickly.

  There is also the option to check yourself out.  We got the six pack, which meant that we could easily get one of each.  Most of the cookies weren't too sweet, so it made it easier to try more of them in one sitting.  The Buckeye Brownie was a bit too much for me.  Confetti Cake and Honey Bun were my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment