Sunday, August 15, 2021

Home Again?

  My legs are tired so the walk to check out of the resort was harder than it should have been.  We could have called for a cart to come get us, but figured that we would be sitting enough today.
  Got to see a hummingbird as we were in our van ride to the airport.  Our driver's best friend lives in Maryland.  It was interesting seeing the same keychains that I got for 75 Pesos ($3.73 USD) in town being sold for $9 USD at the airport.

  Bill wanted to know if I wanted to eat there or wait until our layover in Chicago.  I got used to eating earlier than normal, so we went to Guy Fieri's Kitchen + Bar and I got some fresh guacamole made at the table.  These chips were really thick and made it more like a meal.

  It seems that Mexico didn't want Bill to leave.  It's fine with me leaving.  First I was checked in, and he was my optional travel companion.  Then the kiosk didn't want to let him pay for his seat.  When we were trying to board his ticket said Invalid Flight when it was first scanned.  It was also sunny when we got on the plane but started to rain when Bill sat down in his seat and buckled his belt.

  It was a really good thing we got in to Chicago early because the buses were running behind.  Turns out we had to go to another building entirely.  We got our bags and handed them back over to security and headed out to get in line to go to the other building.  It didn't move for a good long while and we were starting to get a bit worried.  We were in the second bus and the first took forever to unload at the first gate.
  We got through security again and double checked our gate, though there was some confusion as to who was checking IDs and tickets.  There was some fast walking (sort of, my legs were hurting) and Bill kept saying that we weren't going to make it, but I kept saying that we were going to.  It hurt, but we made it.  I ended up taking off my shoes because they were sliding when I was trying to walk quickly and it was making it even harder.  I need better shoes if we are going to have a connecting flight in case the universe decides we need to hurry through an airport again.
  It was a bit of a bummer that I didn't get a window seat and the guy next to me wanted to sleep instead of have the window open for take off.  He did look a bit like Pat from Bumfuzzle.  For the landing he had the window open.
  While waiting for my mom to get us we saw a VW with smoke coming out from under the hood.  I was so worn out and ready for bed, and Tank was very glad to see us.  Unpacking will have to wait because it's time to fall into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment