Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Sí Muy Vodka

  We hung out in the pool and I learned about a Dirty Monkey, or Dirty Banana drink.  They are a banana and chocolate flavor and I think I found my new favorite drink.
  It rained while we were at lunch, but it only lasted a little bit.  We took our time walking to where the catamaran ride was going to be.  Saw a bunch of iguanas lounging about, the larger ones are less worried about people.

We wondered around the marina because we left time before we had to meet everyone for the boat ride. The dolphin enclosure is by the restaurant in the marina.  The resort has the option to pay to swim with them, or you can watch them for free.
  Before the boat trip there was more rain and some lightening.  Luckily the storm passed pretty quickly and the trip was still on.  It was technically a snorkeling trip, but I just wanted to ride the boat.

  The one we were on was a 75ft boat named Pacific Breeze.  It's interesting how the different styles of boats have different amount of space.  A catamaran has both more and and less space than a monohulled boat.  There is more space if you measure it, but it's split in two and each one is more narrow than if you just had one open space below deck.

  There were two bathrooms on the one side of the boat.  This was the big one, which was the "ladies room" and was also a lot fancier.  The other bathroom was smaller and more plain.  They explained to us how to flush the toilet and it sounded complicated, but was really easy when I went to go do it.  You have the switch to the right and pump to flush the bowl, then you just have to flip the switch to the left and pump a few times to fill it back up with new water.

  While the people were out I did some snooping around.  Only one of the two sides were open for us to go down to because it was the side with the bathrooms.  There were also two bedrooms.  It was a bit too muggy down there to take a nap, but I thought about it.  Both rooms had what looked like either full or queen sized mattress.

  On the way back we saw Hannibal in the second slot from the end.  I wasn't quick enough to get a good picture of the stern, but I was able to get one of the bow.  I was glad we got to see it, though I think it was docked for the day.
  At the end of the trip we had a champagne toast to the couple and they ran out of small cups, so I got a bigger share than some of the others.  The crew had also been making us stronger drinks because they were bored while the others were out.  I definitely felt these drinks.  I will need to go to H*Mart and see if I can find the mango Jumex juice they used.  It tasted like an actual mango and not like most of the mango juices I have tried.
  I was hoping we were going to sail, since we've seen some catamarans sail by while looking out from the pool, but we just motored there and back.  I had a great time anyway.

  Ended up at the French place again.   I feel like we are going to make our way through the menu.
 There was more live music after and then we crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment