Saturday, August 14, 2021

Biking into Town

  We took a short bike ride into town.  The first stop was at the Little Market and I spend most of the allotted time petting a sweet cat.  We think some of the people also live in their shops because we could see beds in the back room.
  Bill asked what I wanted from the market and I said the cat.  It was then time to bike around town, there were some places for sale along the way.  I wish I had brought the GoPro because the town was so cute.  There was even an old VW bus/van for sale.
  I got a few souvenirs at the second stop and tried to find the Geocache.  No luck for that.  On the way back we saw a nasua.

  I was worried that my calves were feeling tired and I wouldn't be able to do it, but the bike ride worked a different set of muscles, so I was okay.  My legs were hurting near the end, but I made it.  Fergie (our bike tour leader) told us we are here during the 40 hottest days of the year.

  After a quick lunch we sat near the pool, but not in it.  There was a large thunder storm rolling in when we sat down.  It was fun to watch all the lighting and to watch the people scramble out of the pool after the first bolt.
  During the storm the breeze was almost chilly.  Al made the joke with one of the bingo people by saying "I don't speak Spanish, I only speak English" in Spanish.  It took the guy a second.
  It's so nice that such a big group is here (82 people) because almost anywhere you go you're going to find someone you know.

  Tonight was the largest group I was in for dinner.  There were 13 of us.  At El Alcazar I got the lobster cream soup, raw and baked tuna with some olives, calamarata with arrabiata sauce and squid, and ended with the vanilla Joconde cake with mango cream and raspberry puree.
  The people with the black wrist bands get one bottle off the special blank-band list per day.   Since they hadn't used it yet, we ordered the most expensive wine off the list.
  Stopped by the Abria to make sure to say 'bye' to as many people as we could before having to fly out tomorrow.  On the way back to the room we saw a momma and baby kitty getting drinks out of the pool.  They were more wild and didn't want anything to do with me, but I did try and say hi to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment