Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Hat-a-Thon is back!

Pattern: none - Yarn: Red Heart With Love in White - Hook/Needles: 6 mm and US 8
  I know I have the best/worst project going on, but I don't want that to be the only thing I worked on this year.  I had had so much fun doing the Hat-a-Thon last year that I signed up for it again.  Here is the team I'm on this year:

Boston Marathon (26)
• Meanicequeen (1)
• mere2012 (4)
• MinnieMay9 (7)
• Rsm6 (4)
• Sulwen (4)
• nettietheknitter (6)

  My current plan is to make a hat or two testing out the yarn for the best/worst project and use any leftovers to either test a pattern for the same project or just make any hat patterns that catch my eye.  I also got a few skeins of bulky yarn from K&CC for the Hat-a-Thon.
  For the hat pictured above, I started with a 2x2 ribbing.  Once that was long enough, I started to work a single crochet herringbone stitch.  However, I didn't work it back and forth to actually get the herringbone pattern, I just kept working in the same direction because I was curious as to what that would look like.  I like it and it was pretty quick once I got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment