Tuesday, February 7, 2023

House Hunting

   I've been able to get some more needlework done because we have been looking into a shared vacation home.  At the very least it would be Bill and I, along with my mom and dad to use it, but we both know people who might make use of it other times.

  One of the ones we are actually considering have some of the buildings made from wood cut on the property.   No central heat or cooling, but there is baseboard heating and wood stoves.   There was a fun little door that goes between the two main level rooms.  One building was built in 2012 and the other one back in 1742.  My dad was joking that one house would be to live in and the other would be to hold all my stuff.  The wooded area is nice and made me want to go exploring more.

  We didn't get to see the main house, but the second house was interesting.  It felt like you took 4 houses and stuck them together.  There were two rooms with the same decorative feel to them, but didn't match any of the others.  There were a lot of piles of various things around the property.  It was odd seeing old computer towers in the woods.  The ponds were nice though.  I don't totally know how I feel about it, since we didn't get to see the main house.  It isn't really in the running currently because I didn't get to see the main house and there would be a lot of clean up needed.

Pattern: none - Yarn: Red Heart Hometown USA in Chicago Charcoal and Los Angeles Tan - Needle: US 11
  I have a good time looking at houses, so if anyone needs a buddy to go look at houses with, I'm down to go.  One of the properties we almost considered seeing even came with its own tiny church.  I am tempted to go out to just see that part of it, though everything else is to run down for us to actually consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment