Tuesday, February 14, 2023

More Houses, More Hats, Less Cat Teeth

  So many things I liked about the house itself.  The second floor had an overlook to the fireplace on the first floor.  The kitchen was laid out nicely and had really interesting swing out shelves with some shelves behind them.  The sunroom was nice, and I really liked all the crawl space storage.  The layout of the land was not as nice for us, because they kept cattle, so there was a lot of open space for them, which is great if that is what you are looking for.

  This one was closer, so that was kind of nice.  However, that's about it on things I liked about the place.  The interior of the cabin felt cramped and dark, even though there were big windows and the interior wood was fairly light colored.  There is no power unless you are running the generator, which means that if it was cold out you would need to winterize it every time you left.  The driveway was also very long, rocky, and wouldn't be included in our land.  My dad liked how close it was.

Pattern: none - Yarn: Lion Brand Hometown USA in Oakland Black - Needle: US 11 and US 13 
  I based this hat off of the ones I've seen Rohan make.  Mine is less lush looking, but I like it.  Snow Kitteh Winter Bonnet by Moth and Rust is similar, but uses a different technique for the back.  Charlotte Split Brim Slouch by Diane Serviss is more like what Rohan usually makes.  I worked about 13 rows of 1x1 ribbing over 51 stitches.  On the last row I knitted the first and last stitches together.  I then worked in the round with the larger needles until it was long enough and kitchenered it closed.

  Tank went in because one of his teeth had the gum going down into it and they wanted to check it out.  He's needed teeth cleanings before, but the dental treats have helped.  Turns out instead of possibly needing one tooth pulled, he needed three extracted.  He was knocked out faster than most cats, so that surprised the vet.  He also made a lot of new friends there and everyone commented on how good he was.  They called him Best Boy Tank when I went to get him.
  Since I was stuck at work, they fed him some at the veterinarian's office, but that wasn't enough because he was demanding food the second we got home.  I was told that the pain medication might make him state at walls or meow into dark corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment