Thursday, March 24, 2022

Woven Lattice Hats Galore!

Pattern: Woven Lattice Hat B (small) - Yarn: Red Heart Eco-Ways in Cinnabar - Needles: US 8
   I'm almost done with the revisions on the hat pattern.  That means that I only have to make the XL size to figure out how much yarn is needed.

Pattern: Woven Lattice Hat B (x-small) - Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Dusty Rose - Needles: US 8
  I think one of my sewing machines is haunted.  The person who had it before me said that the part that connects the arm to the needle just disappeared one day.  Then the shop lost the bit that holds the thread onto the top when I got it fixed.  Now I can't find the cord that powers the machine and has the pedal.

Pattern: Woven Lattice Hat B (medium) - Yarn: unknown - Needles: US 8
  PT Fred visited my mom again.  She told me that he made some adjustments to the brace itself.  Turns out it hadn't been fitted to her body height in the first place.  He thought maybe it had to do with swelling, but he had to adjust it down, and last time I checked swelling doesn't make you taller.

  Went to Stitch N Bitch at Santinis because the group has decided to start meeting there again!  There were 7 of us in total, one who was a new person who had just moved into the area this last Friday.
  It's times like these where I get grumpy when people donate yarn with no bands or any way to identify it.  I have found some great yarns that look really good, and feel really good to work with and in the finished item.  I want to be able to find more and keep using it, but I have no idea what it could be.
  I posted about the yarn to the group on Reddit called What Is That Yarn and they have given me some ideas that I am going to check out as to what it might be.

• Red Heart with Love: wrong skein shape, more puffy feeling
• Loops and Threads Impeccable: sooo close, twist is a bit less tight and isn't a big enough skein
• Big Twist Soft: I would think this is it, but I can't find it in brown anywhere
• Lion Brand Vanna's Choice: also pretty close feeling, but too small of skein

  More worms, they are just so fun and easy to make.  I saw someone post some with ears on the Random Acts of Crochet Kindness Facebook group.  They tried to post about how they did it but must have put too much of the pattern in their reply because it got taken down.  I have figured out a way, not sure it's how they did it, but I like the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment