Wednesday, March 9, 2022

PT Fred

 Pattern: Woven Lattice Hat - Yarn - Red Heart Unforgettable in Gossamer - Needle: US 8
  The Red Heart Unforgettable really reminds me of the Universal Yarns Classic Shades.  Both are super soft and great to work with as long as you are comfortable working with a 1-ply yarn.  1-ply, or single ply yarns are a bit more delicate because the twist is what gives it stability.  Most yarn takes a few 1-ply strands and twits them around each other.  That makes the yarn sturdier because the plies can hold the twist better against each other and it can also be springier.  However, the number of plies has nothing to do with the thickness of the yarn.

  I took over on Mom-duty on Sunday.  She had been feeling fairly fine overall.  The back brace is in the way of her left shoulder blade.  The foam that we added and have moved around has helped some.  The only times the injuries from the accident hurt are first thing in the morning going from laying down to sitting and when she has to cough.  I've been instructed what to make for various meals, and what chores to do.  I have been following orders very well.  Nezumi has been liking the extra lap-time.
  We got a visit from her physical therapist, Fred, and he helped move some stuff around and said that the back brace might be too much.  Otherwise he says that she is doing good and needs to make sure to keep walking around and to not lift too much with her arms.  He asked about the accident and got to hear the history of her van.  He also asked if we were sisters.  She has been left with the orders to keep walking and to push the body brace down throughout the day because when it rides up it gets in the way.

  I've been trying to work on this hat and it wants to resist.  I've ripped it back to the six rows of ribbing about three times so far.  Hopefully I've gotten it figured this time.
  My mom liked the way I did the decreases on the hat at the top, so once I get this one figured out and off the needles she says that I should write out the alternate crown style to the pattern.  I don't want to lose all the work that went into writing the pattern the first time, and I also don't want to sell the alternate version as a completely separate pattern, so I think I'm going to have A and B versions.  When you buy the pattern you will have both, but they will be different files.

No comments:

Post a Comment