Thursday, March 31, 2022

Bye Nezumi

 
  When I woke up on March 28th I had a few texts from my family telling me that Nezumi had to be put down.  I always called her my step-kitty.  My best friend from high school got her when in college but then got caught with her in the dorms.  She then had to find somewhere for Nezumi to live, and her own family was allergic to cats.  My mom took her in then, many years ago.  My best friend and I at some point joked at one of the anime conventions that we had gotten married, and that the convention was our honeymoon.  Since she had Nezumi before we got "married" she was my step-kitty.  We even danced together at my wedding during the couple's dance.

  I found out that you can flip their head down along the body and now they look even more worm like.  I didn't think I could like them more, but they keep surprising me.  I'm really close to publishing the post about them.

  On Instagram I saw someone who did her single crochets a bit differently than I do.  They were pretty cool looking, so I decided to try it on a worm.  The top one is normal and for the bottom I wrapped the yarn the other way before pulling it through the chain.  The regular is thicker in the body and the other is wigglier.

  This is really fun from Lion Brand.  It would make doll making a lot easier and the name is just fun.  I don't think they have enough options for a perfect skin match for everyone, but I bet most people can find something close enough for their project.

No comments:

Post a Comment