Saturday, May 27, 2023

Paul 2 Works!

  At work we have a stapler that has always had the label "Paul" on it.  It has been decided that the stapler's name is Paul and whenever we need a good stapler, we ask where Paul is.  It has gotten to the point where we hide Paul and have a cheaper stapler out in the open as a decoy since things have a tendency to wonder off.

  While at Goodwill my mom and I saw a stapler that looked just like Paul.  However, someone didn't like the previous owner of this stapler, or didn't know how to load them because there were about 20 staples forced onto the shuttle that keeps pressure on the usable staples.  I wanted to see if the stapler would work, so we found a bag of dinner knives with a hole in the bag, and I started to pry them off.  I got about two thirds done before I couldn't get them out the last bit with my hands.  We took a chance and paid the $2.99 for the stapler.  Once I got home, I was able to get the rest out with some pliers pretty easily.  Once the last staple was pulled out the shuttle sprung forward and using some junk mail, I discovered that Paul 2 does indeed work.  Now I can have my own Paul at home, even though I don't know if I need a stapler that can easily go through 20 pieces of paper or not.

Pattern: Balloon Dog by Gloria D - Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in 304 Aurora Print - Hook: 5mm
  I wasn't sure what to make, and I'm sure everyone has been getting tired of seeing the same few things over and over again.  I also knew that there is a good chance that there is going to be a lot of repetition soon, so I decided to make something a little whacky.  Though, at knitting recently, Tammy mentioned that she follows the Knitting Minimalist, who only uses about 6 patterns.  She uses different colored yarn and sometimes different stitch patterns within those 6 patterns, but I feel like that might be me soon.

Pattern: Hazelnut Beanie by Monk Wolle & Beanies - Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Fisherman - Hook: N
  I found this pattern while looking for something else, but it stuck in my mind.  I then went to go and find it again and couldn't find it for some reason.  I posted about it on a group on Reddit that helps people find patterns and no one could find it, though I did get links to a few that were close.  I was then going through my favorites and found it buried pretty far back.  I used less stitches because the yarn I picked out was thicker than the one she used.  It was a pretty fun pattern and I might try it again with the two colors.

  I've still been making the worms in the background.  I had started falling behind and had a bunch of small balls piling up in the bottom of my knitting bag, but I have fixed that problem now.  You'll be seeing a lot more of the crazy rainbow ones because I have a few skeins of yarn I grabbed of the same colorway just to make worms with.  I'm still not sure how I feel about the very small bursts of color, but I don't hate it.  With how many worms I have been making, I'm wondering if I should move them out of the Crochet category and make them their own separate category.

No comments:

Post a Comment