Sunday, May 21, 2023

Happy 20!

   There were quite a few milestones at this last Rocky showing.  We celebrated the fact that there has been a cast at the University Mall Theater for 20 years now and that The Transylvania Concubines as a cast are turning 18.
  Back when we were in college, Bill knew some people on a cast up in Ohio, so that's how I was first introduced to it.  I remember going to see the show at University Mall back in 2007 after graduating from college and seeing how different the callbacks were at times between the two shows.  However, we started going more regularly around 2017.  Enough time had passed, and it didn't feel too different anymore.
  I was just thinking about how crazy things could have been if things had just gone a bit differently.  If I had gone to college closer to home and known about the show as a general thing, there is a chance I could have been there when they first started performing at University Mall.  I've been going to the theater since the 90s and I went to go see other movies there frequently enough that I remember when a car drove into the front of it.  I wasn't there for the event, but it was a big deal.
  The energy at the show was great and I loved it.  There were some technical difficulties, like the computer they use to play the movie didn't want to work at first, and then one of the stage lights I use went out, but we all had so much fun.  It's great to have regulars in the audience because then I'm not the only one trying to do most of the callbacks with cast helping when they can.  Someone had printed pictures of various years of the old cast, and everyone had fun looking at those.  Some of the alumni have performed since their time being regularly on cast, and it was fun seeing them again.
  I have been unofficially part of the cast since 2021, but now I'm a signed member in 2023.  It'll be interesting to see what happens as the years go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment