Thursday, January 27, 2022

Little Things

  His eyes are a bit hard to see, but I think I like the version on the far right the most.  I've actually figured out how to put a bead around the post of a double crochet without there being any yarn on the outside of the bead.  I'll work on making a picture tutorial at some point so I don't forget how I did it.

  Here is one with the same eye style in a color of bead that is much easier to see.  I think I'm going to stick with this style for the ones I do with beads as eyes.  I will probably use the old technique when I use buttons as eyes.  I had Bill pick up a few cards of buttons because I didn't like how the beads were looking at that point.

  I bought these little friends from Cary's Cuttlefish back when you could preorder some of the ones with mistakes.  The green one's butt-stamp got a bit messed up and my rainbow one looks so angry!  I love them both and being able to get random ones let the universe decide instead of me trying to get onto the website for a launch and missing out.

  I think Vox Machina was my favorite campaign played by the Critical Role cast so far because this group felt more like the D&D groups I've been in.  Who knows why or how this band of hooligans work together, but they do.  I feel like the Mighty Nein fit too well together as a group from the beginning.  The third campaign is giving a more VM feel so far.

  Bill and I got to see the first two episodes before the general public because we backed the project on Kickstarter and I love it so much so far.  I'm glad that I watched it with Bill, even though timing meant that I had to get up for the 6:30am showing.  The speakers also didn't want to work right, so while we watched it on the big TV in the basement, the sounds were coming out of the laptop.
  It was interesting that there was no Tiberius, but that won't stop me from really enjoying the show.  I am aware of what all happened with them and don't blame them for their choices.  This makes me really want to buy the comics to get to see what all happened before they started streaming their sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment