Saturday, January 22, 2022

Forgotten Souls

Pattern: Wheat by Tin Can Knits (mostly) - Yarn: Red Heart Soft in Icy Pond - Needle: US 8
  I'm sure everyone remembers this scarf.  I finished it and then somehow lost it soon after.  It was near where a bunch of other finished items were being kept, but enough away that I missed it when I went to go and do the yearly recap.

Pattern: Worry Worm - Yarn: Various - Hook: 5.5-6mm
  I somehow also managed to forget to post about these little guys.  They work up super quickly and I was experimenting with making eyes.  A bunch of people just glue googly eyes on them, but I don't trust the glue with the yarn.  The buttons work the best, but I'm still trying to think of ways to make the beads work.
  I like how their little tails look almost tapered at the bottom if you only put 2 sc into the second chain and then 3 sc into the third before putting 4 sc into the rest.

  I'm also hoping for better days.  On my way to work I clipped a snow/ice with the back of my car and sort of lost control.  I ended up spinning my car around but there were no accidents.  There had luckily been no one in the lane next to me and the guy behind me had been giving me space.  I bet the guy behind me thought I was going to wreck.  I'm very glad I didn't.  I used up a lot of luck with that one.

His is on the bottom and mine is on the top
  I did the same number of pattern rows.  Then I did a plain row between each decrease row, except for after the row with only 1 single crochets between the drops.  I then did two rows with double-crochets as the drop with no single crochets between.  I did the half-double crochets around the post like in the instructions.  It might not have needed it, but I added one last row with 2 single crochets together around before cinching it.
  I want to try it with 81 stitches and see how it looks then.  I also want to try a new chaining technique I saw on Instagram.  It combines the twisted loop cast on from knitting with the chain.  You twist the yarn over your finger before sliding it onto the hook and pulling the yarn through both loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment