Sunday, January 30, 2022

Hat-a-Thon

 
  The evolution of the Worry Worm bead eyes:
  •   The first three had the beads/buttons pre-strung and sat in front of the stitch.  It didn't hold the bead well and they shift a lot.
  •   My fourth one I strung the bead on at the stitch but kept the yarn over for the double crochet.  That left a length of the yarn on the outside and was very tight.
  •   The fifth had the bead just get threaded onto a chain 3 instead of a double crochet and that worked, but it's a little loose and the eyes keep flipping to either side.
  •   The sixth through eighth is where I figured out how to get the bead into the post of the double crochet and get better at it.
  •   The star beads on the nineth were tall enough that I just used the chain method again, though next time I might only chain two because those are a bit taller than the double crochets.
  •   For the last two I went back to the double crochet method.

  My friend Tammy is participating in the February Hatathon being hosted by the Ravelry group Stash Knit Down.  The thread for the event, along with the rules can be found here: Feb Hatathon 2022.  I'm thinking of joining because I seem to either be making Worry Worms or hats.  I even have a fun idea for something for the blog, but I need to work through some of my stash before I can make it happen without feeling bad.  This will help inspire me to get some fun hats done and some yarn out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment